Quick guide to short-stay UK visa

Every year, millions of people apply for short-stay visas to visit the UK. Sadly, due to lack of information, understanding and the right guidance about the application process, not many are able to make a successful application. Therefore, the focus of this post is to provide you with the quick guidance to help you make a successful short-stay UK visa application.

Let’s take a quick look at these three categories:

  1. Short-term UK students visa
  2. Visitor visa
  3. Parent of a Tier 4 Child Student

What is a Short-Term Student Visa?

This route is for a person aged 16 and over who wants to study an English language course in the UK lasting longer than 6 month and up to 11 months at an accredited institution

You can only study an English language course.

 What is a Visitor Visa?

This route is for a person who wants to visit the UK for a temporary period, (usually for up to 6 months), for purposes such as tourism, visiting friends or family, carrying out a business activity, or undertaking a short course of study.

Each Visitor must meet the requirements of the Visitor route, even if they are travelling as, for example, a family group, a tour group or a school party.

A visa national as set out in Appendix Visitor: Visa National list must obtain entry clearance as a Visitor (a visit visa) before arrival in the UK. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-visitor-visa-national-list

A non-visa national can normally seek entry on arrival in the UK.

There are 4 types of Visitor:

  • Standard Visitor: for those seeking to undertake the activities set out in Appendix Visitor: Permitted Activities, for example tourism and visiting family, usually for up to 6 months. A Standard Visitor may apply for a visit visa of six months, two, five or 10 years validity, however each stay in the UK must not exceed the permitted length of stay endorsed on the visit visa (usually six months).
  • Marriage/Civil Partnership Visitor: for those seeking to come to the UK to marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
  • Permitted Paid Engagement Visitor: for experts in their field coming to the UK to undertake specific paid engagements for up to one month.
  • Transit Visitor: for those who want to transit the UK on route to another country outside the Common Travel Area and who will enter the UK for up to 48 hours by crossing the UK border unless Appendix Visitor: Transit Without Visa Scheme applies.

Visitors cannot work in the UK unless this is expressly allowed under the permitted activities set out in Appendix Visitor: Permitted Activities.

What is a Parent of a Child Student Visa?

If your child attends an independent, fee-paying day school in the UK, you are eligible for a parent of 4 child student visa.

How to apply for parent of a tier 4 child UK visa

Do you need to apply for a Parent of a Child Student Visa? Please speak to our experts to find out about our fast, friendly and affordable service.

A parent of a child Student visa is a visa for overseas parents with children attending an independent fee-paying school in the UK. The visa is granted in line with the child student’s visa.

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months prior to travelling to the UK, and – in general – you should expect to know the outcome of your visa application within 3 weeks.

 Parent of child Student visa requirements & eligibility

The eligibility requirements for a Parent of a Child Student visa are relatively straightforward. For an application to be successful, you would need to meet the following requirements:

  • Have the necessary funds to support yourself while you’re in the UK
  • Have and maintain a second home outside the UK
  • Intend to leave the UK at the end of your visa

In addition, there are certain eligibility requirements that your child must fulfill – specifically, they:

  • Must be aged between 4 and 11 years
  • Have, or at the same time be applying for, entry clearance or permission to stay, under Appendix Child Student

Parent of a child Student restrictions

There are many restrictions attached to a Parent of Child Student visa. Under this visa category, while you’re in the UK on a Parent of a Child Student visa, you cannot:

  • do paid work
  • study
  • start a business
  • make the UK your main home
  • apply for benefits or the State Pension
  • bring other family members with you
  • switch to a different type of visa

If you’d like detailed information regarding short-UK visa, Please speak to our experts. Let’s help you with our fast, friendly and affordable service. Please contact info@akias.co.uk for further information.

Recommended Posts