Do you want to start up your own business in the UK?
Indeed, you may have resolved to come to the UK to live. On an Innovator Founder visa, you’d need to have an entrepreneurial spirit and intend to start your own business.
Now, let’s see if the Innovator Founder visa is your best visa route and its eligibility criteria.
What is an Innovator Founder visa?
This visa was previously known as the Innovator Visa. The visa is designed to attract innovators and entrepreneurs to the UK as the UK needs talented and ambitious people who can meet the points-based immigration system eligibility criteria and go on to set up an innovative business in the UK.
AK Immigration Advisory Service finds that when the UK mentions that a business idea must be ‘innovative,’ visa applicants tend to be deterred from making a business visa application. The word ‘innovative’ should not put you off. You should rather think through your business idea and how it can be made innovative. Your business idea can’t be the same as everyone else’s business plan but it does not have to be a brand-new invention, just a bit different from other things already on the market in the UK.
Is the Innovator Founder visa right for you?
Interestingly, if you are contemplating coming to the UK to set up your own business, this visa option may be ideal for you if you have business experience gained in the workplace, just starting out as an entrepreneur with a good business idea and you now want to move to the UK and, at the same time, pursue your goal of owning your own business.
The Innovator Founder visa – your future in the UK
This visa is valid for 3 years, after which, you may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain if the requirements are met. If you do not meet the requirements for ILR, you may apply to further extend your visa. To get an Innovator Founder visa you will need an endorsement from an endorsing body and submit an application to the Home Office.
You must be able to show that your business Idea is:
- new- you cannot join a business that is already trading.
- innovative – you must have an original business idea that is different from anything else on the market
- viable, with the potential for growth
- scalable – you must give evidence of planning that includes creating jobs and growing into national and international markets
You must also meet the following requirements:
- Age – you must be at least 18 years old.
- English language – you must meet the English language requirement – you may either need to take an English language test or be exempt from doing so because of your nationality or qualifications.
- Maintenance requirement – you must meet the maintenance requirement – this means you need to be able to prove that you have savings to support yourself whilst you are in the UK.
- General eligibility – you meet the general entry clearance or leave to remain requirements for all visa applicants.
If you would like to more information on the Innovator Founder visa, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.